Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

appliances

We've spent the last 2 days researching appliances, and it's been a lot of fun.  Ha!  That's how I know I'm getting old.

We are responsible for finding and buying our own, which is great because we get exactly what we want.  But, the downside is we don't get any sort of builder's discount.  I'm okay with that, especially since Best Buy is having a really big Columbus Day sale this weekend.

After much deliberation, we're going with LG appliances for the kitchen.  We love the quality compared to other brands we've seen in showrooms, and I really enjoy the punches of color LG throws in.  The dishwasher has some great blue pieces, and the oven is coated in brilliant blue.  I think it'll make cooking, baking, and clean-up just a little bit more enjoyable!

Here's the range we've picked.  Love me that 5th burner!














 
 















And the dishwasher.  I'm so excited about the 3rd rack.


















We've also finalized our decision on a washer & dryer (whirlpool), so I think we'll grab those as well. The sale ends tomorrow, so we'll be making some big purchases first thing!

All we have left to figure out is a fridge... we're currently debating between a bottom freezer with a single door, or a french door.  We both love the storage and ease of a single door, but it seems they're being phased out.  And, I'd really like the in-door water and ice feature that a french door model can offer.  The jury is still out!  We've got some time to finalize.

In other news... the basement block is completed.  The plumbing rough ins are in, and we're ready for the basement floor to be poured (Dr. Mattila would not be happy with my terminology... placed!  the basement floor will be placed!).  Then, framing!  I'll get some pictures up soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment