Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

on the hunt for a fridge

We've been on the hunt for a fridge ever since we purchased our appliances two weeks ago.  At that point, we found an awesome sale so we grabbed a washer, dryer, range, dishwasher, and microwave.  I was pretty sure I wanted a single door refrigerator, with a bottom freezer.  It turns out those are being phased out, and french doors are the way of the future.  So, after mulling it over for a few days, we decided we weren't totally against a french door style.


Last night, we accidentally walked into what I'm calling *the fridge deal of the century* (well, maybe not... but we're excited nonetheless!).  Best Buy had just opened 2 new LG fridges and set them on the floor as "open box" items that were majorly discounted.  I think both models had been discontinued, and they just needed the floor space for new models.  We thought it through for a bit, and ended up buying the larger (30 cubic feet {whaaat!}) model for a few reasons.

It was brighter, because it had 2 more interior lights than the smaller model, it was flawless (smaller model had a small dent), and it had the easy-open  freezer door (smaller model did not).  SOLD!  After the sale price, open box discount, 10% off coupon, best buy points from previous purchase, and an additional 5% off... we got this puppy at a serious discount!!  I'm talking about 60% off the MSRP.  And to think, I was telling R on the way into the store that we may have missed the boat on fridge sales!

Here's the (discontinued) model we snagged.  It's 30.7 cubic feet!  I'm not sure what the differences are with the new replacement model.  According to the Home Depot website, it looks like the most similar model still available has slightly less capacity, and has about 2.5 inches less depth.  So, I guess we can count on this thing sticking out past the counter tops quite a bit.  :)  (Mental note: discuss this with the kitchen designer on Friday!)




I'm very excited about this purchase!  We spent less than we planned and got so much more fridge. I got the in-door water I wanted, AND the awesome easy-pull freezer door.  I wish I could bask in this a little longer...but I'm on to our next task! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like plenty of room for a turkey and all the fixings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it'd be ready for Christmas this year! Oh well... Holiday Season 2015! :D

      Delete