Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

kitchen design

I'm off to meet with the kitchen designer today.  Here's our draft kitchen layout.  There are a few very small changes I'd like to make.


I want to change the cabinet just left of the sink to drawers, and change the drawers next to the range to a cabinet.  I'll probably also change the cabinet between the fridge and range to big drawers for storing pots & pans.  The designer was able to sneak in an extra cabinet on the end of the dishwasher for a *pull out garbage*.  Woohoo!

We also have an island.  Here's the draft on that.

We opted for a raised bar section.  It'll be a great place to eat at adult height, and will also help to visually break up the space, since our kitchen, dining, and living areas all flow seamlessly.  Check out those huge drawers!  I can't wait to have some serious storage for small appliances.  It drives me a little batty having to keep my juicer and toaster on the counter.

This is what I'm thinking for design choices.

I know it's very difficult to tell from this picture, but the paint color is Copen Blue by Sherwin Williams, the laminate is Calacatta Marble by Formica, part of their 180fx collection, and I'm loving this dining room light fixture on sale at Menards.  A funky mix of old and new, right?  We're still wanting oak cabinets, so this may end up being a kitchen never seen before.  Typically it seems when people do marble counters they have black, white, or grey cabinets.  I'm ready to take the risk- I think we'll love it.


I'm doing a little research on sinks, and love the look of this stainless steel undermounted in laminate.  This is very similar to what I have planned, but I want a single basin sink.

Source: Karran.com



Stay tuned!  I have some more exciting updates coming!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment