Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

kitchen design

Today is my first meeting with a local kitchen design company!

As I've mentioned before, our goal for this kitchen is quality, natural wood cabinets.  I'm okay with formica counters to start, with a plan to upgrade later.  Especially now that I've found karran undermount sinks for (YES!) laminate.

Here's my super rough draft for our kitchen layout.  It's already outdated- I doubt we'll spring for an apron sink & the {required} solid surface, quartz, marble, or granite countertops.  The corner of the kitchen is right at the notebook binding.  I need some help designing those corner cabinets, between the range & the sink.  I'd love to have a pull out garbage in there.  And I will certainly be including uppers!  Also not included is the center island, which will have additional storage.

 


Channeling Love it or List it, my must-haves include:
  • ample storage
  • enough drawers
  • pull out shelves in pantry and for pots & pans
  • island storage
  • island seating
  • graduated/staggered uppers
  • crown molding
  • single basin sink 

Would-really-likes:
  • pull out garbage
  • wine storage
  • usable "blind" lower cabinet storage

until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment