Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

turbofire mini rant

I'm going to switch it up for today's post.  Why not?  It's my blog, right?

First off, I want to say that I am not a beachbody coach.  I like their product, I'm happy, but I don't think there are enough honest reviews available from non-coaches.

I've been exploring all things beach body the past few months.  Overall, I'm happy.  I like all the workouts I've tried (T25 alpha + beta, and turbofire), and I'm happy with shakeology.  But there are some things that are driving me a little batty!  I'm not going to get into my loathing of BB customer service (to the note of several phones calls to customer service that kept me on hold for over 30 minutes).  That story is for another day.  Today it's all about turbofire.


I ordered the program a few months ago, the basic set and the additional advanced dvds.  This is the "newest" version of turbofire, not the older (2010 I think) version that includes lower + upper workouts.

  1. There are multiple moves with the same name.  For instance, a "jack" could mean arms straight up, or straight out.  How hard would it be to rename the second to a "t-jack"?
  2. The latest version of TF (which I purchased) puts several workouts on the same dvd.  It's nice, it's convenient, it's less dvd's.  Great, right?  But, they completely eliminated the "new to class" option.  I believe this was once offered for every class!  They didn't change the workouts at all, so when Chalene queues with "such & such move, remember?", I'm stumped.
  3. Beachbody isn't necessarily trying to hide the fact that TF has been repackaged, some workouts renamed, some workouts eliminated, and some new workouts added, but they aren't being open with the information either.  I had to google search for a looong time, and read on blogs and open forums which version was the latest and greatest.   I don't believe they are still selling the older version, but they did have a 2013 black friday special featuring it, without mentioning that it was the older version.  A bit sketchy I think.
  4. There are a few schedules on the BB website.  Great, so people with whatever version can find the correct one.  But, they aren't named anything intuitive, so it's a little confusing.  Oh well, not the end of the world.
  5. The HIIT Progression Schedule.  Ugh.  I'm on week 10 of 12, and I've done Fire40 19 times.  It doesn't seem like much, but when you compare it to the number of times I've done the other workouts...yikes.  Overload!!  Next time I do this program, I'm going to incorporate the other workouts much, much sooner in the schedule to replace some of the Fire40's.  Don't get me wrong, I really like the workout.  But I like Fire30, 45, and 55 just as much, if not more.
So here's the breakdown I mentioned.  This is the number of times each workout appears on the schedule for the entire 12 weeks.

FireStarter - 6
LowHIIT 20 - 7
LowHIIT 25 - 5
Fire 30 - 6
Fire 40 - 22
Fire 45 - 4
Fire 55 - 4
HIIT 15 - 5
HIIT 20 - 6
HIIT 25 - 4

A little off-balance, am I right?

Alright, enough ranting.  I finished my workout of the day- Fire40.  Who would have thought!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment