Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

plumbing, electrical, & a siding sneak-peak!

Merry Christmas!  

Things are moving and a-grooving at the new digs.  We've have very pleasant weather for December, and our plumber has been hard at work getting things roughed in and inspected.  The basement is full of beautifully planned water lines, drains, and duct work.  This guy did a great job planning out his runs.

Here are pictures of our modular showers.  I'll admit, I was a little bummed we chose not to splurge on tile for our master shower.  We have plans to do that down-the-road, and no matter what, it's a huge upgrade from our current {basement} teeny-tiny shower.  The hall bath shower seems like it'll be great.  There's tons of storage, so I'm happy.

the shower in our master bathroom

the hall bathtub/shower combination
I picked out a bathtub for our master bathroom.  We went with the Kohler Mariposa 6-foot model.  (FYI, this tub comes in 3 lengths: 5, 5.5, and 6 feet long  Boom, now you know!)  I chose it sight unseen based on some internet reviews, pricing, and looks.  So, I'll let you know what I think after I've had a chance to use it.  We chose the drop-in model, so we'll have our builder tile the surround.  I'm thinking a marble-style subway tile, similar to these from Lowe's.


Our plumber doubles as our HVAC guy, so we've also got our furnace, water heater, and well storage tank installed.  We upgraded to a gas (liquid propane) water heater, which will hopefully save us some money in the long-run.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because that was not a cheap upgrade.  We had a warm day earlier this month, so they were able to get the septic tank installed.  The drain field may have to wait until spring, but progress is progress!! :)

our lovely new efficient furnace

septic tank with a view of the new propane tank


R is still working away on his electrical rough ins.  It's coming along so nicely, and I LOVE being able to get so hand's on with the receptacle and lighting placement.  I don't have pictures, because there's not a whole lot to show at this point.  But, our recessed lighting is placed, and we have more than a few 3-way switches.

Our builder has one other house they're working on, so they've been back and forth between the properties the past few months.  Sounds like they need the scaffolding from our site at the other location, so {bonus!}, they decided to install the siding on back of our house before they take down their equipment.  This was the first I've seen of our siding in real life.  We both love it.  It's the color Cypress by CertainTeed.  It was a little gloomy when I took this picture, but it's a lovely khaki-green, and looks great with the white trim.



I'll leave you with a picture of our front door (and a dirt pile) on a sunny winter day.  Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment