Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Apartment Tour


Well, February has come to a close.  I'm hopeful this will bring us some warmer weather.  It's be steadily freezing here.  And by that, I mean below zero degree temps.  Brr.

I don't have much to report on the house construction.  The crew spent most of this month at their other project- which is fine by us!  It actually ends up saving us money because we're not going to be able to move in until Springtime no matter how quickly they get interior finishing done.  The drain field is the real issue.  We can't install it until snow melts.  There are a few other warm weather tasks, too... but I don't think occupancy will depend on them (garage floor concrete, porch concrete, deck construction, driveway installation, and the list goes on).

So, I've decided to switch gears a little bit and showcase our wacky unique rental.  We've been here a little over 2 years, and it's served us well.  We have wonderful landlords, and I LOVE the location.  Being right in the heart of downtown means we're never looking for something to do.  Plus, the rent is cheap.  That being said, it definitely has some quirks!  It's an old 2 story single-family home (I'm guessing it was built in the very early 1900's) that was renovated into a 2 unit apartment sometime in the 60's or 70's.  Lucky for us, all the fixtures from that reno are still here.  Brass!  Lime Green!  Wallpaper!  Original Woodwork!  1970's Dishwasher!  More Brass!  Are you jealous yet?   

The kitchen has tons of storage, and these are nice quality cabinets.  There are even some roll-out drawers.  I'll let the pictures tell you the rest of the story, but I will say industrial/commercial carpet (in any color) isn't my friend.

Building on Love - Apartment Tour
Building on Love - Apartment Tour
 Building on Love - Apartment TourBuilding on Love - Apartment Tour

Did you notice the wallpapered soffit?  I really love the original hardwood flooring, and wish it carried through the entire main floor.  (Note the coordinating wallpaper and the light fixture!)

Building on Love - Apartment TourBuilding on Love - Apartment Tour

Wanna see our bedroom?  But first, I have to show you what it looked like before we moved in.  We painted the entire room (trim, crown molding, and walls).  I'm a big Green Bay fan, but this was too much!  What is with this house and lime green?

Building on Love - Apartment Tour

Building on Love - Apartment Tour

Ahh... much better
 Building on Love - Apartment Tour
Building on Love - Apartment Tour

Here's the finished room.  I love this minty wall color, but R has politely asked we retire it, and not see a reappearance in the new house.  Fair enough, I say.

Building on Love - Apartment Tour

What do you guys think?  It's a little funky, right?  Maybe next time I can show you the living room and the 2nd bedroom/my home office.  So, there you have it!  We really do enjoy living here, but I am counting the days until we can move out to the woods.

Until next time,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment